An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an Analytical Scientist based at their prestigious facility in the Research and Development site at Port Sunlight. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 3 to 6 months, working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying between £24,075 and £26,750 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience. Please note this role is urgent therefore ASAP start is required (up to 2 weeks' notice).
The Beauty & Personal Care Science & Technology team deliver breakthrough technologies and differentiated innovations to meet the needs and preferences of consumers around the world. Within Beauty & Personal Care, they are building new, world class measurement capability to help develop innovations that out-perform the competition and build equity for their leading brands.
They are looking for a degree-qualified, analytical scientist to join the team in Port Sunlight to support development of next generation analytical methods, and to create technical insights to guide the search for new materials and help make new claims.
The role is ideally suited to an individual who is self-motivated and has a passion for applied science that provides a winning edge for their products. Practical experience in application of analytical techniques including HPLC-MS, GC-MS, SFC-MS would be desirable.
Main Job Purpose:
- Apply analytical science expertise to support the development of new capabilities and product insights, in the area of analytical chemistry.
- Design and execute experimental plans to agreed timelines.
- Document and report key insights, developments and observations
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- Expertise in data analysis and interpretation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work both in a team and independently.
- Team Working
- Practical Creativity
- Planning and Organisation