We are currently looking for a Community Affairs Communications Assistant for our client based in Fawley.
Reporting to the Communications Adviser, you will be supporting the community affairs shared service who inspire children in their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) studies and encourage them to take on STEM careers. You will be providing internal communications and administration base support for a team responsible for the promotion of a positive relationship between our client and its various publics (community, media, employees, etc.) enabling operational objectives to be achieved within a climate of public consent. You will pay special attention to enhancing the knowledge of our internal Ambassadors in the client's external activities/contributions and/with STEM programme delivery.
You will help maintain relationships with schools, educational bodies and STEM Ambassadors, attending and hosting events as required. You will coordinate, produce and publish internal communications using all media available as well as sending press releases and updating social media sites as appropriate.
Other duties will include assisting with events, taking photos at events ensuring GDPR guidelines are met and liaising with the British Library to log community matters and other publications when required. You will also handle calls and enquiries from staff and the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to be the "face of Community Affairs" to channel enquiries as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate at different levels across the organisation and management.
- Familiarity with IT packages.
- Ability to plan own day-to-day workflow, in addition to longer term planning of one-off events and
- Flexibility - ability to respond to unplanned work as priorities change.
- Independent worker
- Attention to detail.
- Organised and calm under pressure.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV for review.