Career Consultant & Facilitator
Career Consultant and Facilitator - CTP (TIDWORTH)
Salary: £33,000.00 /year
The Ministry of Defence and Right Management work together as the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) delivering comprehensive outplacement support to people leaving HM Forces. Ability to gain full MOD security clearance is imperative for this role.
We are currently recruiting for this rewarding and challenging client facing position within CTP and you would be located at the Tidworth Resettlement Centre, with occasional support to outlying satellite locations, such as Chepstow. The role is to provide information and advice about career management and training, using guidance and coaching to assist clients to achieve career goals.
We're looking for a highly organised, self-motivated individual who will also confidently deliver workshops and presentations whilst simultaneously supporting a client caseload. Although we provide some in-house training, we expect the successful candidate will have experience of delivering workshops, have demonstrable experience in supporting a large client caseload as well as strong administration and IT skills. This role will require the facilitation of virtual and classroom based workshops.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support clients in their vocational training and job search efforts by providing up to date information and advice, giving presentations and facilitating groups.
- Deliver advice on CV writing, interview techniques, application forms, covering letters and assist clients in identifying transferable skills and experience
- Record all client interaction within a database promptly and with a high degree of accuracy
- Engage with social media and other technology in educating and supporting clients in their transition
- Follow-up clients through email, meetings, phone discussions and in accordance with business processes
- Monitor and support clients' progress through to successful outcome, tailoring service delivery to individual client needs
- Engage consistently and continuously with CTP clients to monitor progress and ensure clients are tracked and followed in line with CTP processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to Level 4 in Advice and Guidance/Coaching or a willingness to work towards this in the first year
- Database management, expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to analyse and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Experience in facilitation and coaching groups of up to 20 candidates
- Knowledge of the employment market and job searching
- Awareness of social media in job search
- Case load management
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Detail-focused and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Strong inter-personal skills with added ability of engaging individuals and groups quickly
- Superior organisation skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, time management, and proven self-starter. Able to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to achieve shared aims and goals.
- Knowledge of the military
We are a close, committed team who are passionate about what we do.
Please note only targeted applications will be accepted.
Closing date 1st April. Interviews will be on 12th April