Manpower is currently recruiting for a Transport Clerk in Didcot to perform general administration, including customer delivery administration, driver debriefs, legal compliance and communicating with customer services regarding deliveries. You will report to the Shift Section Manager and contribute to the departments success by ensuring KPI's are continually met.
Previous experience within an administration environment would be beneficial but full training will be provided. Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team are essentital.
- Communicating with drivers throughout the shift and obtain updates and progress of delivery timescales
- Ensuring correct paperwork and Proof of Delivery's are issued and returned.
- Communicating with the Warehouse and other departments to ensure any dispatch issues are dealt with and managed as required.
- Manning the brief/ debrief desk and ensuring good delivery of customer service to both Booker and agency drivers.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude demonstrated by a willingness to assist in all areas of the clerical function and have a friendly outgoing personality.
Flexibility to work shifts, rotating weekly between Monday - Friday 06.00 - 14.00 and Tuesday Friday 09.00 - 17.00 and Saturday 06.00 - 14.00 the ability to work additional hours is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels, along with the ability to bridge the gap between technical language and the end users.
- Strong organisational skills and time management techniques to balance priorities effectively whilst managing multiple work streams to tight time lines.
- Previous transport / administrative experience would be preferable but not essential.
- A good understanding of all Microsoft applications
- The ability to take and follow instructions and use of own initiative and assist in multiple functions.
If you have have any further questions please contact Manpower and asked for Becky.