Manpower is currently recruiting for a Team Leader on behalf of our client, a large multinational financial services corporation. This is a temporary role, for 12 months potentially permanent, and will be working 35 hours per week.
This position will be responsible for leading a cross-functional Executive Customer Relations team in a highly regulated and fast paced environment, delivering unparalleled Customer Service to our Cardmembers. These customers need compliant, easy, efficient and personalized responses to their complaints and related requests and to be truly recognized for the value they bring to American Express. Your recruitment, leadership and coaching of the team will be critical, as we seek to deliver seamless and exceptional customer service, delivering full and compliant complaint resolution to all our Cardmembers. You will be key in establishing strong business relationships across all business units and work closely with other leaders.
The primary responsibility of this position is to recruit, lead and coach team members to provide first class customer resolution to complaints as well as meeting shareholder and business expectations in operational performance and efficiency ensuring competence is attained and maintained in a highly regulated environment.
Specifically, you will need to:
- Build an engaged, high performing team with a strong customer-centric, compliance focused culture.
- Lead / coach the team to deliver end-to-end resolution of all customer complaints, strictly adhering to all FCA, PSD2 and FOS guidelines.
- Be a point of contact for Litigation, Compliance, Public Affairs, Risk, Marketing and any other global Exec Offices.
- Develop effective coaching and development plans to ensure performance from all team members is at a consistently unparalleled level.
- To negotiate with Customers who plan to litigate or are in litigation with Amex, handling court documents, processing Acknowledgements of Service, ensuring that the courts update their records with information which is critical to Amex' defence
- Provide the witness statement in support of AmEx's Defence if a case goes to court.
- Demonstrate role model behaviours we want representatives to demonstrate - this means that you will need to have a real passion for the American Express brand and products, a sense of sincere empathy and a real determination to 'go beyond' to resolve customer complaints.
- Have a proven working knowledge of a Compliance environment and relevant issues, specifically relating to FCA Dispute Resolution rules, Financial Ombudsman Services and
- ICO Guidelines relating to data privacy.
- Have the ability to challenge upwards and influence without direct authority, knowing when to escalate to ensure alignment and timely completion of projects.
- Use a combination of customer data and active networking and effective relationship management skills to resolve issues by involving other Global Servicing Network functional areas and internal / external Business Partners where appropriate.
- Proactively identify and pre-empt customer problems and find solutions for them either within existing policies or sometimes where no solution exists.
Key responsibilities include:
- Call listening, letter reviews and coaching of team members to improve job performance and to adhere to regulation and internal policies and procedures.
- Critically you will need to ensure all legislative guidelines are strictly adhered to by the team, including FCA, PSD2, Banking code, Data Protection and Information Commissioner guidelines and regulations.
- Develop a high performing team through one-on-one coaching, provision of feedback, formal reviews, development planning and management of incentive programs.
- Maintain open channels of communication with team members to enable an environment where people feel empowered to own customer issues and support each other in achieving end-to-end resolution of customer issues.
- Recognise and reward achievements to encourage team members to promote a positive and effective work environment.
- Effectively plan, organise and motivate team members to ensure compliance is adhered to and complaint handling goals and objectives are achieved.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, liaising with other Global Servicing Network functional areas and internal / external Business Partners to enable issue resolution.
- Management of staffing and resourcing requirements to ensure all Service Level timeframes including regulated FCA and ICO timeframes, and objectives are met and the customer experience not impacted.
- Full understanding and oversight of all functions carried out within your own team and across the department including associated regulations and timeframes.
Confident decision maker with the ability to know when to escalate internal or external issues, backlogs and industry behaviours.