Gas Installation Engineer
Manpower are currently working in partnership with E.ON to recruit for Gas Installation Engineers covering the Midlands area.
Your part of our team will be the customer facing role, Installing New/Replacement Gas Heating & Hot Water Systems in our Customers/Clients Homes.
You will know from your vast experience within this industry, this may consist of simple, straight forward Combi Boiler Swaps, through to testing and technically challenging conversions. The outcome will be the same each time, leaving a customer with not only a Warm Feeling (literally) but one that will share the great experience of E.ON with others.
You will thrive on delivering a positive experience to every customer each working day, and this is what will motivate you.
Location: To cover North East England
Pay Rate: £150 per day.
Duration: Temp to Perm, Ongoing
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday between 8am and 6pm, potential to cover Saturdays too.
- Ensuring safety is the No1 priority, developing a leading health and safety culture on site with customers/clients and other relevant parties.
- Installing Gas Boilers/Controls- to meet regulatory standards and best practice (notably- Gas Safety Installation & Use Regulations-1998 and Manufacture Instructions).
- Ensuring timely, compliant completion of works issued to you
- Diagnosing/Rectification of faults on Gas Boilers/Systems
- Provide accurate information to Customers/Office
- You Must Possess Domestic ACS Certification - CCN1 CENWAT HTR1 CKR1
- Must Hold- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Qualification
- Proven/Demonstrable Gas Installation Experience- Minimum 5 years post qualification 'hands on'- experience
- Ladder and harness training
- Ability to diagnose and rectify faults identified during installation works
- Working Knowledge of Hot Water Systems and Water Regulations (Part L)
- Working knowledge of completing Health &Safe point of work Risk Assessments, ensuring yours and others safety is managed effectively
- Ability to work independently using your own initiative and solving technical problems using manufactures instructions or industry normative standards
- Knowledge of Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure and corrective action process
- Ability to interpret surveys carried out by others, ensuring a complaint and customer friendly approach at all times
- Ability/Technical Competence to interpret wiring diagrams and complete alterations to wiring centres/Fused Spurs/Boilers- including making final connections
- Ability to effectively communicate to customers, in some time challenging circumstances
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role
- Own vehicle and tools would be advantageous
Interested? Please apply today.
Please note, this is a PAYE role.