This Researcher role will be working in a team of four to conduct the analysis of construction related materials and equipment to keep a highly accurate database for daily use. This will be done through sales support, phone conversations and general research and email to identify to pricing structure of specific materials. This role will be based in Central London although contact will be throughout the UK
- To join the UK team in a broad ranging role encompassing research, analysis and assembly of construction related material, equipment, and labour costs into usable rates for the publication of building cost data.
● The Company is a global provider of data and analytic and decision support services to insurance companies.
● The UK team provides decision support software to insurers in the UK and business support, audit, review and analytic services to those customers.
- The Parent Company are looking for opportunities to expand the services that it is able to offer its UK customers through identifying their needs
Research, analysis and assembly of construction related material, equipment, and labour costs into usable rates for the publication of building cost data. This position also involves research and preparation of other construction and/or business support related projects as needed. This includes answering phones, potential sales support, customer presentations, etc.
Skills & Knowledge:
- First class communication skills, both oral and written are critical required for dealing with suppliers.
- Experience in working with software estimation applications and/or Microsoft excel is advantageous but not necessary as training will be provided.
- You will have experience of working in sales or a targeted environment and be a great team player and confident using the telephone
- Through understanding of UK construction materials for residential and commercial structures.
- You must have a proven track record within the industry and good product knowledge.
- Data entry and administration skills is a must
- Manages own time effectively to deliver agreed strategic business targets.
- Demonstrates strong desire to be a part of a 'performance culture' and has a tangible 'can do' attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with Management, staff, construction industry representatives and key material suppliers.
Planning & Organising:
- Must be able to plan and organise their own workload within a self -directed team focused on individual efforts working towards set team goals.
This is an exciting company offering a great starting package of between £27,000 and £33,000 based on experience, so if you are interested, please apply