Manpower are proud to once again be working with our long-standing Chemicals Manufacturing client based in Wakefield. A market leader in the production of additives and ingredients to the FMCG Industry, they are searching for a solutions-focused EC&I Engineer to join the team.
This role will be working Monday - Friday on a double days shift pattern (2 days followed by 2 nights rotating). A highly varied role, carrying lots of responsibility, your responsibilities will include (but won't be limited to):
- Performing Diagnostics on Electrical Distribution Units, Control Loops & PLC's
- Performing general servicing on site services, including Valves, compessors and other Industrial sized manufacturing equipment
- Playing a part in minor upgrades and projects on site, including Electrical Installation work and carrying out basic functional testing
- Ensuring that all E,C&I systems are accurate & up to date
- Understanding and reading specification diagrams & operational guidelines
Due to the nature of the Industry that the business work in, as well as the scale of Operation and Continuous Manufacturing process, our client are looking for you to possess a minimum level of knowledge, skills and experience to be considered for this role. This will look like:
- A reasonable level of work experience within a heavily regulated, process driven environment (such as Chemicals manufacturing, FMCG or Oil & Gas)
- A strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working with Wiring regulations (such as 17th Edition or BS 7671 standards)
- The ability to read, programme and make minor modifications to PLC & SCADA programmes
- CompEx trained would be advantageous but by no means essential
In return, our client can offer you the opportunity to join a highly stable and respected business that continues to invest in the highest level of training and industry technology, where you can enhance your skills and knowledge and grow in the organisation.
They can also offer you a highly competitive salary, the opportunity to increase your earnings through working overtime and other unique benefits, including a highly generous pension plan and 25 days annual Leave (plus Bank Holidays).
If you feel that this is a suitable opportunity for you, or you would like to know more, please don't hesitate to apply today.