Student Finance Assessor (Evenings)
We are currently looking for a number of Financial Administrators (Student Finance Assessors) to join us at Lingfield Point, Darlington. You'll be working as part of the team that determines students' entitlement to financial support. This will involve assessing applications, so that an accurate decision on their eligibility can be made. Either way, you will need to capture the information provided onto bespoke processing systems following specific processes and guidance material.
Previous experience isn't required for these roles - what's more important is that you're computer literate and have a high attention to detail, with excellent organisational and communication skills.
You need to be confident in using Microsoft PC packages including Word and Excel, and ideally hold both Maths and English at GCSE level or above (or equivalent).
Our people tell us there are a wide variety of reasons why they work for us. We recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance and our staff policies reflect this. You'll be surrounded by friendly people in our offices which offer pleasant, open plan surroundings with an on-site cafe and kitchen facilities as well as free on-site parking.
We have a great selection of benefits on offer, including:
- Range of flexible working options including flexi-time
- Annual performance related payment for the top 25% performers
- Generous annual leave - 36 days holiday including 8 public holidays
- Option to buy extra and/or sell annual leave
- Company sick pay and enhanced family friendly pay including maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave
- Help travelling to work with our interest free travel ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- A generous company pension scheme and free life assurance equivalent of 4 x basic salary
- Great internal opportunities for career progression with an Investors in People organisation
- Ability to apply for funding to undertake further education courses
These roles are offered for those interested in full time work. These are evening shift positions working 18:00 to 02:00 Monday to Friday with a start date of 07 May 2019.
Interested? Apply here today! If successful, our recruitment partners Manpower will call you - from a private number - within 5 working days to conduct a short telephone interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Her Majesty's Government Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment vetting. This includes verification of your identity, criminal record, financial probity and nationality and immigration status. We also require evidence of your employment/education history over the last 3 years. We may also require an overseas criminal record check if you have spent more than 6 months outside of the UK in the last 3 years. Further information will be given at assessment stage.