Wintel Engineer/ ISS II
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Infrastructure Support Specialist II based on their customer site in Luton. This is a full-time, temporary role to start in April 2019 for 15 weeks with a potential to extend until the end of August 2019. Monday to Friday, 8am - 4pm. The role is paying £23.19 per hour (Ltd Contractor/Umbrella).
** Please do not apply if you do not have clearance**
This is a customer facing role and it is essential that a good relationship with the client is achieved. The role requires excellent software, hardware and customer skills. You will be dealing with hardware refresh of laptops and arranging appointments for installation dates. The role is mainly technical for hardware/software rollout issues and dealing with any requests related to the refresh project.
- Work with team on site to support a range of IT activities to allow others to work on a project
- Adhere to customer, HSSE and security policies
- You need to have clearance already to be considered for this role
- Knowledge of UNIX/Wintel
- A good technical knowledge of IT, PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- some experience of software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and core
- Good customer facing skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Software technical qualifications, i.e. MCP, MCSE
- Manufacturer accreditations
- Office 365 & Win 10 experience would be beneficial, but if you have experience in carrying out rollouts/refreshes
- Knowledge of Service Now.
- Full UK driving Licence useful but not essential