Handyman / Caretaker Leeds City Centre
Manpower is currently recruiting for Handyman for long term ongoing contract in Leeds City Centre.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and can work without supervision.
Handyman Main Duties :
- Support in carrying out routine and everyday maintenance (replacing broken windows, general painting and decorating, unblocking sinks, installing fixtures and fittings, changing light bulbs etc.)
- Perform Planned and Preventative Maintenance work as directed and required
- Perform reactive joinery maintenance such as lock repairs, door hanging, hinge replacement, fixing noticeboards
- Perform reactive plumbing maintenance such as tap washers, toilet seat replacement, tightening leaking joints
- Perform minor electrical maintenance that does not involve wiring, such as changing lamps, replacing fuses and resetting of MCBs or RCDs (where trained)
- Perform painting and decorating tasks as required
- Any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson
- Keep accurate and timely maintenance records according to procedure
- Perform monitor /test and record temperatures on domestic hot water.
- Perform PAT test and check all portable electrical appliances that residents bring into the Home.
- To attend all training sessions as required, specifically statutory training including manual handling
- To report immediately to the Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a colleague or self
- General portaging duties and responding to ad hoc requests for assistance.
- Participate in the departments on call facility.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Own tools required.
Driving licence desirable
Ideally 3 shifts rotation every week:
6.30 - 2.30 Monday to Friday
8am - 16.00 Monday to Friday
13.30 - 21.30 Monday to Friday
Or 8am - 16.00 Monday to Friday - flat shift.
Pay: £11.50 ph
Start Date - ASAP