Application Delivery Leader
Application Delivery Leader
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver a robust, scalable IT application landscape across the Manpower UK Group (incl. Manpower, Experis, Brook St & Right Management) to support the business's strategic priorities. This person will be able to understand, define and articulate the current application state, transformation roadmap and future state for the Manpower UK Group business.
Primary responsibility is to manage and coordinate both internal and third-party resource to deliver both a stable service to the business and drive transformational change. The role will directly report to the Manpower UK Group IT Director and combines expert knowledge and solid experience of information technology with effective communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
This role reports directly to the UK Group IT Director and will manage resource across a matrix environment.
- Define, communicate and embed a process focused technology deliver culture.
- Manage service agreements and relationships with 3rd party vendors ensuring defined levels are maintained across the IT landscape, whilst driving efficiency across the environment.
- Manage a team of product owners who liaise with the business to determine, develop and deliver change into the application environment.
- Support the Group IT Director in developing the application strategy and future state roadmap
- Liaise with Manpower Global Information Services to ensure the application development, support and strategy is aligned with global strategy.
- Define and manage robust processes for the delivery of service and change into the IT environment (change management, Incident management, problem management etc.)
- Ensure all technical changes and code development meet the required architecture and security standards
- Work with the Manpower Group UK and GIS teams to implement agreed infrastructure in support of application development and services.
- Scope of role covers all UK Manpower Group brands - Manpower, Brook Street, Experis and Right Management
- Lead the consolidation and transformation of systems/applications across the different business units in line with the strategic direction.
- Define and lead the implementation of a new data analytics solution to support the business goal to be data led.
This role will manage a team of technical resources so should have extensive experience in software delivery and modern development practices, including Agile, Continuous development and automated testing.
- Experience of producing software solutions based on business requirements
- Understanding of entire stack for software design and development
- Understanding of networking, data centre design and cloud technologies
- Understanding of ITIL principles
- Experience with existing Manpower Group UK applications and business processes
- Experience with existing Manpower Group UK networking, data centre design and cloud technologies
- Highly motivated, proactive and delivery focused
- Business/customer focused with change mindset
- Takes ownership of issues, projects and drives change
- Ability to work up to C-suite level and communicate complex issues clearly
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise and work in a highly pressurised environment
- Analytical, problem solver
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to put technical concepts into business focused language
Uxbridge, London or Luton with travel to other Manpower UK locations as required.