Quantity Surveyor - Leeds
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor available in Leeds earning £45-50k+ per annum depending on experience, the successful candidate will also be provided with a vehicle, the hours are 9-5:30pm Monday - Friday, the client is looking for someone who has extensive experience working within a Design and build main contractor and can provide examples of his experience and projects worked as well as their previous experience in Quantity Surveying.
From within the Off-Site Solutions team, manage multiple building projects from tender award, including post contract procurement, valuations, scope and outturn, financial performance of projects and reporting monthly via the systems in place to demonstrate commercial control and forecasting to the business.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager The successful candidate will work closely with the Contracts Managers and will be jointly responsible for the financial, commercial and contractual management of projects from post tender hand over through to final account close out of the project. Working closely with the Construction teams ensuring that subcontract procurement is carried out in both a timely and cost effective manner. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Construction teams and will be client focused at all times. The successful candidate will be from, and have held a similar role within a Design and Build Main Contracting background.
- Develop and evolve supply chain.
- Managing the subcontract procurement process, scope analysis against client specification, tender reconciliation, sub-contractor comparisons, formation or order, review of commercial terms, and contract award
- Preparing, submitting and negotiations of all monthly sub-contract project interim and final accounts.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date Forecast Final Accounts for presentation to clients on a monthly basis.
- Preparing claims for variations to contract and negotiating with the client and supply chain to deliver profitable change.
- Preparing and presenting internal monthly project W.I.P reports at monthly internal Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) meetings, again using RedSky based software.
- Manage Risk and Opportunity and present at the CVR.
- Promote and evolve financial control measures
- Forecast cash flow and margin recognition
- Attendance at client's site monthly project progress meetings including presentation of contractors reports where appropriate.
- Present regular financial feed back to the Estimators on the basis of known costs.
- Assume a role of mentor for junior members of the team.
- Maintain professional approach with supply chain and client to deliver increased profitability projects on.
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
Success in a 6 months will include: Will have become established as a key member of the Construction teams within the Quantity Surveying function. Will have established regular cost feedback review meetings with the Estimators. Success in 1 year will include: Successful completion of design and construction of D&B projects > £5m Deliver financial, commercial and contractual objectives on a large education, healthcare and accommodation projects >£5m. Success in 3 years will include: Develop the Surveying team in order to manage the business in line with the planned growth of the business unit. Manage the financial, commercial and contractual matters on design and build projects up to cumulative £20m.
Job experience & skills requirements
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrable that they have held a similar role including the management of multiple live projects.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record working for a Design and Build Main Contractor.
- You must be able to think fast on your feet, you will be tenacious, resilient with the ability to communicate at all levels Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
- Have working knowledge of JCT and NEC3 forms of contract and processes & procedures.
- You will be degree qualified in a relative construction subject and working towards MRICS or equivalent.
To Apply or for more information I can be contact at 01895 204 948 alternatively I can also be reached at Sophie.howley @ Manpower .co .uk