Customer Service Desk Assistant
We have a Brilliant opportunity to work with our client as a Customer Service Desk Assistant based in Cheadle. You will be working 8.00am to 16.30. This role is paying £15.00 per hour PAYE, this is a temporary role for 6 months initially.
- Receive & input customer orders via email, files & issue related order acknowledgement with all relevant information customer may need (e.g. product availability, eventual delivery time, material status)
- Be the primary escalation point for customer deliveries/logistics issues
- Contact customer in case request is not clear/ complete to gather additional information.
- Coordinate & check with sales & pricing team in case of specific conditions & with finance (cash collection team) in case of credit limit hold
- Liaise with the different Supply Chain entities: Plant, Finished Goods Planning team, warehousing and participate in Tier meeting of the Plant (daily/weekly).
- Provide forecast (Short term) for the 2 OES customers to SIOP lead, liaising with sales
- Provide metrics related to shipment performance on a weekly /monthly basis
- Inform supply department of any special order & negotiate, request delivery time when needed
- Coordinate shipment process
- Create collective delivery & give relevant information / instructions to the warehouse for order preparation in full compliance with internal policy & applicable legislation & customer agreed specifications
- Once orders are ready for shipment, coordinate shipment organisation with local warehouse teams & inform customers accordingly.
- Back order management: Proactive follow up on backlog, getting delivery times, updating material status, negotiating shipments with customers to ensure order book accuracy, Inform customer accordingly
- Claims and Returns Management & follow up - Coordinate internally & with customers claims management to ensure correct & efficient handling of claims
- Ensure follow up on activity with sales
- Coordinate closely & communicate with sales team to ensure continuity in service to customers & continuous improvement.
- Coordinate also with other functions such as Marketing, Finance (credit analyst), SC, Quality to answer/ forward customer requests
- Report incident & issues to management and propose eventual solution. Keep sales informed of important points. Be proactive in problem solving
- Any other duties not listed as required by the business
- Good computer skills (MS Office advanced skills and SAP)
- Highly motivated and enjoys working to tight deadlines.
- Good communicator - with internal and external parties at all business levels
- Able to travel to visit customers and suppliers or attend meetings
- Flexible and willing to meet the needs of the business
- Knowledge of Incoterms is an asset.
- Bachelor degree or equal through experience
- 1-2 years' experience in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of MRP
- Supply Chain experience