PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A LONG TERM TEMPORARY ROLE WITH MANPOWER
*An online intermediate excel test will need to be completed as part of the interview process
Our client, one of the UK's leading energy providers, is looking for a Finance Analyst to provide an effective reporting and business planning service to the station management, staff and central finance.
- Have an analytical and practical approach to problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen and a basic understanding of financial statements
- A team player able to communicate ideas and information effectively
- Basic financial skill of double entry, accrual accounting, ledger types & entries, trial balance and reconciliation skills
- An awareness and understanding for the need of procedures to govern financial controls
- Experience of delivering high quality information to tight deadlines
- Competent in Microsoft office with advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of in house or commercial electronic accounting system
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organisation, along with the confidence to propose new ideas and challenges
As a minimum, entrants will be educated to GCSE/National Qualification standards (or equivalent). Candidates with these qualifications that include 4 / C and above grade passes in English and Mathematics will have an advantage.
Candidates who are working towards the following will also be considered:
- Association of Accounting Technician
- Finance/Accounting/Commercial/Business Related Degree
- Finance/Accounting/Commercial/Business Related HND / HNC
- Professional Accountancy qualification