HGV Technician - Ruislip
HGV TECHNICIAN/WORKSHOP TECHNICIAN
£35,000 - £36,000 PER ANNUM
BONUS OF £100 PER MONTH
SHIFT PATTERNS; EARLY = 06:00 AM - 14:30 PM, LATE = 13:30 PM - 22:00 PM
OVERTIME; SATURDAY = TIME + A HALF, SUNDAY = DOUBLE PAY
My client is one of the largest providers of support services to the emergency services sector. They manage vehicles, equipment and facilities on behalf of the London Fire Brigade, Metropolitan Police Service, New Dimension, Highways Agency and Associated British Ports, managing vehicles, equipment, facilities and training. We deliver value for money solutions via a proven approach that enables us to optimise assets and increase availability, while providing a complete and resilient service.
The London Fire Brigade's (LFB) vehicle fleet has exciting new opportunities for HGV/LGV Technicians. Working in a clean, well equipped and friendly workshop, successful candidates will contribute to the maintenance of a fleet of 500 vehicles for the London Fire Brigade.
The role and responsibilities include;
- To service, maintain and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided.
- To work in an efficient and productive manner, achieving the targets set out and agreed with workshop Operation Manager/Supervisors.
- To operate a 'Fix First Time' way of working ensuring quality of work is at the utmost standard and meets/exceeds any inspection carried out.
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary.
- To order from the parts department all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work.
- To ensure the correct completion of all job related documentation (job cards, parts orders, logbooks etc.) including job write-ups.
- 2 years qualified HGV/LGV motor vehicle technician. Newly qualified candidates will be considered but the remuneration package may differ.
- Vehicle inspection and maintenance experience required.
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3.
- Full Driving Licence
- Able to work unsupervised and able to achieve high standards.
For more information on this role please contact me on 01895 205 493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"HGV" "LGV" "Workshop" "Technician" "Heavy Goods" "LFB" "Fire Brigade" "Service" "Repair" "Mercedes"