Truck/HGV Tyre Fitting Manager - Carlisle
3 days left
ZONE MANAGER - TRUCK/HGV TYRE FITTING MANAGER
£31,452 PER ANNUM
47.5 HOURS PER WEEK
MONDAY - FRIDAY - 08:00 AM - 17:30 PM, SATURDAY 08:00 AM - 13:00 PM
- My client was established in 1965 after their parent company bought a number of small independent garages, thus forming Associated Tyre Specialists. In 1974 they extended their network buy buying 70 centres of the tyre brand.
- Over this time their network and expertise continued to grow and in 1991 they became the first ever national tyre specialist to gain SAFEcontractor and CHAS approval.
- Their commitment to health and safety only improved winning the most prestigious award from 2014-2018. Currently, they are the only tyre specialist recognised at this level.
- In 2015 they celebrated their 50th year in businesses, their history and experience make them one of the leading tyre and vehicle service providers in the UK.
- Every year they help thousands of customers keep their vehicles safe. From MOT tests and servicing to brand new tyres and batteries, they have a plethora of products and services to help when your vehicle needs it most.
- To lead and manage a team of Truck Tyre Technicians and Chargehands who are involved in the maintenance of tyres to commercial vehicle fleets within a dedicated geographic area (zone).
- You will consistently ensure that a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers is achieved, often within a critical time-frame, ensuring compliance with customer service level agreements and internal procedures.
- You will work with the Regional Manager to achieve the agreed performance measures and objectives in order to maximise commercial opportunities and therefore, ensuring sustained profitability.
- There will be a requirement for you to carry out fitting duties.
To be appointed to this role, the following are minimum requirements:
You must have experience of:
- Fitting commercial tyres
- Supervising or managing a team of people
- Working in a fast paced commercial or customer focused business
- Managing customer expectations and demands to provide outstanding customer service
- Working under pressure often to tight deadlines
- Working to defined key performance indicators
The following experience is desirable:
- Licence to Fit/City and Guilds trained
- REACT Card Holder
- To be appointed to this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to manage and motivate
- Use initiative to make informed decisions
- Ability to challenge behaviours and act as a role model for others
- Ambitious and target driven Problem solving - recognition, assessment, ownership and solution delivery
- Willing to take ownership and responsibility for customer requirements
- Outstanding communication skills
- Calm under pressure and flexible in approach
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Have a positive outlook
- Being a team player
- A good working knowledge of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and in house systems would be an advantage
- A full valid UK driving licence is essential
- Proactively lead, advise, coach and motivate the team, ensuring maximum performance is achieved
- Understand and deliver your agreed profit and loss (P&L) targets in order to achieve sustained profitability
- Drive performance to continually improve against key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure adherence to agreed service level agreements (SLAs)
- Allocate work to the team
- Manage and control stock, ensuring accuracy and that the correct stock levels are maintained.
- Manage the fleet planner
- Ensure resources are managed efficiently
- Ensure Job Sheets are completed to a satisfactory standard
- Carry out fitting duties as required
- Ensure full compliance to Company policies and procedures
- Communicate and implement the Company Health and Safety Strategy and ensure compliance in your team
- Help support and train new members of the team
- Working closely with the Field Operations Trainers, ensure that staff are trained and developed to a competent level
- Undertake 121s with each member of the team; ensuring appropriate PDPs are in place
- Provide feedback to each member of the team
- Adapt approach depending on customer situation
- Work flexibly to support business
- Create a close working relationship with key stakeholders
- Strive to maximise internal and external customer satisfaction
If you would like to hear more information on this role; please can you contact me on 01895 205 493 or alternaitvely email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"Tyre" "Fitting" "Tyre Fitting" "Management" "Tyre Manager" "Workshop" "Automotive" "Vehicle"
Apply for Truck/HGV Tyre Fitting Manager - Carlisle
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly