Scientific Project Leader (Marketing & Insights)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global FMCG organisation, our client are currently recruiting for an experienced Scientific Project Leader (Marketing & Insights) based at their prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral within hair design team. This is a temporary role for 9 months (Maternity Cover), to start ASAP. This position is paying between £29,059 - £32,288 per annum depending on experience.
The Hair Category is a 5.9 Billion member of the Personal Care Business for our client, having a wide portfolio of Global Brands. The R&D team drives innovation across the globe.
The Assistant Technical Project Leader (ATPL) role is a key role in the Hair Design Team. This role works centrally, across multiple innovation projects and cross functional teams, providing project management support. The ATPL interfaces directly with formulation development, Processing, Packaging, Claims and Consumer Technical Insight (CTI) teams to deliver robust product solutions against Development Briefs.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Coordinate multiple technical elements (e.g. formulation, processing, packaging, consumer technical insight, specifications, patents, safety, & in some cases manufacturing) of technically-complex global projects.
Co-ordinate different R&D functions within innovation teams (Formulation, Process Eng., Packaging, Consumer Technical Insight, Specifications, Safety, etc.
- Responsible for shaping and agreeing, together with TPL and Marketing, the technical aspects of project briefs.
- Working either independently to lead innovations, or assisting the TPL on complex projects, as situation demands.
- Responsible for ensuring specifications of formulation, process, pack and Quality Assurance regimes are correct
- Responsible for arranging team meetings involving risk management, claims and legal compliance with local & regional requirements.
- Obtain updates from patent, regulatory and safety clearance contacts
- Responsible for providing updates to stakeholders regarding technical issues/status.
- Responsible for updating R&D section of decision gate documents.
- Responsible for managing the R&D Budget for each assigned project or initiative.
- Collaborate with global & regional colleagues and oversee the logistics of project activities, in line with accountability for delivering key activities and programme milestones.
- Provide key input to meetings with business partners and collaborators, to communicate objectives, priorities and risks of the work programme as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Education to degree level or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline preferable
- Fully Operational in Project Leadership and Management skills advantageous, working knowledge a must
- A working knowledge of the main science themes and the chemistry of product formulations and technologies.
- Excellent personal organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of product performance attributes and how this relates to claims.
- Previous work experience in R&D advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of wider x-functional team.
- Self-motivated with resourceful problem-solving skills/practical creativity.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Office are essential.