We're currently looking for a Domestic Assistant to work in a Private home based in Knebworth on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Domestic Assistant you will be working in a private home of a high-profile family. You will complete a variety of domestic tasks including laundry. See below for the responsibilities of this role:
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures.
- Cleaning and sanitising toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area.
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs.
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools.
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces.
- Tidying up rooms.
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements.
- Vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors.
- Laying tables for meals and clearing way.
- Making beds and changing linens.
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry.
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies.
- Ironing clothes, sheets etc.
- Washing clothes, towels, sheets etc.
Salary & Hours
The salary for this role is £20,000 to £22,000 plus benefits including Private Health, Bonus Scheme and Pension.
Your working hours will be 08:30 to 17:00 and the working days are as follows:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
However, you will need to be flexible in regards to your availability.
Key Skills & Attributes
To be successful as a Domestic Assistant you will have the following skills and attribute:
- Strong communication skills
- Professional outlook and conduct
- Experience in a similar role ideally in a private estate
- Flexibility in regards to availability & approach to work
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidentiality of the estate, family and high-profile guests
- Valid UK driving license (due to location)