Portfolio Planning and Control Assistant
2 days left
- Inputs and updates schedules on the University's database, PLANET, ensuring accuracy of input and using initiative to seek clarification where data appears to be of poor quality. Advises Project Managers (PMs) on consequences of requests to change or delete data.
- Produces management information from a range of University systems, including PLANET, on a regular basis to support the work of the PPC team and Project Managers, and for use in discussing the allocation of resource with internal clients.
- Meets or liaises directly with other staff in the unit when appropriate, to ensure accurate recording and processing of production information recorded on University systems and availability of materials, to ensure that mailings meet student use dates.
- Monitors and co-ordinates production schedules, alerting line manager and Project Managers to potential production difficulties, and helps ensure that materials will be available for packing and dispatch to students.
- Creates schedules for CDs and DVDs, distributes the information and maintains records of number allocation.
- Updates details on PLANET for those courses in presentation from information provided by Project Managers/PPC Administrators and draws attention to any potential problems.
- Liaises with PMs to identify and input new sub-items and items and to ensure the accuracy of mailing inventory details.
- Responsible for ensuring that all filing relating to PLANET and other online information systems activities is up to date and actioned accurately. Responsible for implementing and maintaining general filing systems.
General Project Support
- Act as the contact person for designated CAUs and internal departments in dealing with any problems relating to course production and maintenance scheduling. Replies personally using own initiative, or where appropriate, receives instructions from Project Managers or PPC Administrator on action to be taken.
- Produce management information from a variety of University systems for use by Project Managers, Translation management, faculty teams and VCE. Is responsible for accuracy of the reports and for ensuring reports are run to deadlines.
- Maintain and create folders on SharePoint. Escalating any other folder requests and queries to PPC Administrator to investigate and action.
- Maintain the records of projects, items and schedules on systems as required by project teams.
- Allocate ISBN and Supp Code numbers to clients and other staff as required and keeps a record of allocations.
- Attend regular liaison meetings. Updates reports and advises Project Managers and the wider teams of any resulting issues as required. Follows up queries arising from the meetings as required using own initiative.
- Draft and produces own internal correspondence.
- Produce and update procedures when necessary.
- Support strategic projects by running reports from the Project Register.
- Take minutes/notes in meetings when required.
- To undertake general office duties as requested by line manager and PPC Administrator, or as recognised as necessary on own initiative.
- Update skills in line with new technology, equipment and software packages, and attending courses when required.
Apply for Portfolio Planning and Control Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly