My client is a leading global design and manufacturing organisation, near Cambridge, who are currently recruiting a Production Engineer with hands-on Electro-Mechanical engineering experience to provide process related technical support to manufacturing operations. This includes the introduction of newly developed products to manufacture, sustaining of existing manufacturing operations and the retirement of products at the end of market life.
The Production Engineer will also train other members of the organisation in Lean tools and techniques to promote a culture of CI in the organisation and create CI advocates across the business. Additionally, this person will collaborate across functions to influence the development of CI strategic initiatives, business case elements on cost, quality and KPI's and co-ordinate these projects to deliver the business objectives.
- Develop, implement and maintain manufacturing processes that meet Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) targets.
- Author and maintain process documentation e.g. Work Instructions.
- Train manufacturing staff on newly introduced or modified processes.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment is serviceable e.g. properly maintained, calibrated and operating as intended.
- To apply a Continuous Improvement (CI) approach to identifying opportunities for improvement e.g. cost, time, capacity, resource, skill, equipment.
- Design of aids such as tools, fixtures and jigs to support manufacturing processes.
- Undertake process risk management e.g. pFMEA.
- Work closely with the Project Management team.
- Work closely with the Quality team to determine root cause of manufacturing non-conformance and implement Corrective and Preventive actions (CAPA) where necessary.
- Contribute to R&D design reviews to provide manufacturing process technical insight.
- Manufacturing processes relating to electro-mechanical products.
- New product development and introduction to manufacture.
- Technical support of manufacturing operations.
- Working with small multi-disciplined teams.
- Third party interfacing to contract manufacturers, part suppliers and external design and technical resources.
- Direct experience in scientific equipment would be an advantage but is not essential.
Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent level of experience.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD modelling applications e.g. SolidWorks.
- Use of ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent understanding of the application of Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Assembly (DfA) methods.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing tools and their practical application.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and their appropriate application e.g. injection moulding, vacuum forming, machining, sheet metal fabrication, PCB assembly and test etc.
The right person will be an effective communicator with the ability to work collaboratively and influence colleagues across the breadth and depth of the business. You will have a flexible attitude to work with strongly organised and methodical work practice.
Apply for Production Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly