Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as PG Tips, Magnum, Persil and Comfort, are currently looking for an Environmental Advisor (OSHE) based at their manufacturing facility in Warrington. This is a full time temporary role for 12 months, working a 37.5 hour week, paying £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment is essential for this position.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- You will be responsible for supporting and overseeing all Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, standards and processes as well as managing all Risk and COSHH assessments.
- Your tasks will include tackling health & safety issues on site and driving a positive safety culture. You will be dealing with employees at all levels across the business and will need work closely with the Operations, Maintenance and HR departments to achieve your objectives. You will also be required to deliver training and deal with stakeholders.
- You will ensure Company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed in all areas and be responsible for confirming the reporting and analysis of incidents using the proper procedures resultant actions are implemented.
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to Operational and Technical teams in carrying out Risk and COSHH assessments, managing the assessment database and ensure all assessments are current.
- Support for the development of agreed annual OSHE improvement plans, goals and targets with the OSHEQ Manager and other relevant site head of departments and deliver on improvement items.
- Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Support in the communication and training of new safety systems, management of contractor safety including induction of new contractors and advising on Safety and Environmental protection aspects of all employee/contractor training programmes.
- Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the tasks.
- Support Focused Improvement activities to ensure Key Performance Indicators are met. Perform regular audits / safety tours with Management and Leadership Teams, ensuring that all audit actions are completed.
- Support in driving forward of environmental KPI's and for engaging the workforce in the company environmental agenda.
- Experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment is essential for this position.
- NEBOSH diploma
- Detailed knowledge of SHE Legalisation and their application to the Manufacturing Unit
- Fully trained and competent in carrying out Risk and COSHH Assessments
- Competent in performing Accident analysis
- Significant manufacturing experience that provides the necessary technical and leadership experience to operate effectively in a World Class Manufacturing site.
- Able build and motivate a large team, as well as coach it to success.
- Knowledge on COMAH legislation, due to the site being lower tier COMAH
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
- Environmental qualification preferred (e.g. Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Auditor)