Building Maintenance Technician
7 days left
BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
We're currently recruiting for a Building Maintenance Technician on behalf of a client based in Hatfield. This is a full-time permanent position.
As a Building Maintenance Technician, you will be working on a college campus as part of maintenance department.
The key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Day to day contact and liaison with a wide range of internal and external personnel including colleagues in your department along with academics, contractors and suppliers
- Undertaking multi-disciplined maintenance duties, both planned and reactive, to a high standard using appropriate tools, equipment and machinery
- Advising on the procurement of spares and materials
- Participating in the 'out of hours' maintenance rota (implemented after first 4 months)
- Providing cover for absent colleagues as required
- Ensuring that all working practices are carried out to Health and Safety Regulations and that appropriate risk assessments are undertaken before any maintenance work is commenced
- Being responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of areas such as plant rooms and workshops
- Undertaking training as required or directed to allow safe working practices and enhancement of personal skills
- Ability to work at the Camden Campus should circumstances dictate
THE SALARY & HOURS
The hours for this position run between 7am-6pm however, you'll only work an 8-hour day with 1-hour for lunch (35 hour paid week) and your shifts will be on a rota with a start time of 7am, 8am and 10am.
You will also need to be able to be flexible as after 4 months you'll be put on to the 'out of hours' rota. You will receive an additional £1000 once added to this.
The salary for the position is £26,000 to £29,500 per annum based off experience. This salary is inclusive of London weighting.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
To be a successful Building Maintenance Technician, the following skills and attributes are essential:
- Excellent communications skills - verbal & written
- A recognised qualification or apprenticeship in a building services mechanically related discipline
- Previous experience in a building maintenance role:
- Domestic/Commercial building fabrics maintenance
- Industrial/Domestic electrical/mechanical equipment (boilers, chillers etc)
- HVAC systems
- Experience of electrical systems
- Ability to priorities work and meet deadlines
- IT skills - MS Office & computerised
- Good knowledge of health & safety
- Full UK driving license (manual)
- Flexibility around working hours
The skills & attributes that are desirable are as follows:
- A recognised qualification, NVQ 3, BTEC or City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or similar building maintenance trades
- Knowledge of risk assessments & COSHH regulations
- Experience in working in both public/residential properties
- Knowledge of computerised building maintenance systems
Apply for Building Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly