Personal Assistant, Director, Data and Student Analytics
Skills and Experience
- Manage the complex electronic diary for the Director, Data and Student Analytics and on occasions other Senior Managers, ensuring the most effective use of time, identifying and exploiting opportunities to improve communication, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Read and prioritise all incoming enquiries, extract matters for their own attention and attend to routine correspondence both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintain a reminder/bring forward system based on deadlines for tasks, progress chasing and using judgement to ensure deadlines are met.
- Exercise judgement and discretion when handling confidential and sensitive materials, ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and OU regulations.
- Provide all relevant paperwork and preparatory material for meetings; preparing agendas and papers for circulation in advance.
- Produce, distribute and follow-up on communications and related documents appropriately for their manager(s).
- Record accurate notes, actions and decisions at meetings on behalf of the Director or other senior managers, taking responsibility for circulating notes and summary documentation within agreed timescales.
- Maintain a central filing system. Ensure appropriate filing of electronic files on the document management system and ensure they are easily retrievable.
- Co-ordinate national and international travel arrangements as required; booking accommodation and travel; obtaining timetable information and providing detailed itineraries.
- Plan, manage and communicate visit programmes hosted by the Director or other senior managers, and oversee the organisation and delivery of events as required by the Director or other senior managers.
- Track, monitor and report on activities. Collate data and other management information required to enable the Director to monitor and evaluate performance in all activities within remit.
- Contribute to the updating and maintaining of Data and Student Analytics documentation, websites and procedures.
- Assist with monitoring of budgets for Data and Student Analytics and processing of financial transactions.
- Provide cover for other administrative staff in the team on occasion.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a senior secretarial and administrative role
- Excellent IT skills including up-to-date working knowledge of Microsoft applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint / OneDrive desirable.
- Evidence of high level administrative and clerical skills, demonstrating a methodical and accurate approach to work and an excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal Experience of organising meetings, taking notes/recording actions, and understanding and adjusting style and detail where necessary.
- Able to provide a customer-focused approach while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- The ability to deal with the pressure of managing the demands of a high volume of work with frequently changing priorities.
- The ability to be receptive to new ideas, responding quickly to change and seeing change as an opportunity.
- Experience of organising events in liaison with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrates initiative and ability to identify and solve problems proactively; uses good judgement to refer issues upwards as necessary.
Apply for Personal Assistant, Director, Data and Student Analytics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly