Cash Counters - Bristol
A FANTASTIC opportunty has arisen for cash handlers to work with my client based in Bedminster.
This position will offer successful candidates ongoing night work at £10.41 PH, and the chance to work with a leading Logistics company in the UK.
You will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Specifically in this cashier role, the employee will be responsible for the receipt and processing of customer note and coin deposits. This may also include some data entry work. Every employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the key business goals and also being integral to the effectiveness and success of the business.
What you'll be doing in the role:
- Accurately counting the contents of containers received balancing cash against customer documentation.
- Ensuring Standard and Local Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Consolidating and balancing cash as appropriate throughout the process.
- Accurately completing the necessary paperwork and/or entries into appropriate cash management systems.
- Identifying discrepancies in cash received and escalating this to Senior Cashier.
- Use the Viper track and trace system to ensure integrity of container audit trails.
- Ensuring all company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Observing all Health & Safety requirements whilst within the cash/coin centre.
- Carrying out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Meeting or exceeding expected personal and team productivity levels.
- Undertaking training activities as required.
Desired skills and Experience
What you'll have:
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Able to pass a criminal record check.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
To apply for this position please call Lucy on 01179 338671