Wintel Engineer/ ISS III
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking an Infrastructure Support Specialist III based on their customer site at Luton. This is a full-time, temporary role to start ASAP, running until 31st August 2019 (possibility to extend) Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, 37.5 hours per week. The role is paying £24.12 per hour (Ltd Contractor/Umbrella).
** Please do not apply if you do not have clearance**
This is a customer facing role and it is essential that a good relationship with the internal and external client is achieved. The role requires excellent software, hardware and customer skills.
- Work with the local site team to support housekeeping duties, helpdesk and project work
- Provide technical input to project managers and solution architects
- Adhere to customer, HSSE and security policies
- You need to have clearance already to be considered for this role
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Wintel
- A good working knowledge of Wintel Operating Systems and infrastructure tools and software
- A good working knowledge of VMWare ESXI 6 and 6.5
- A good technical knowledge of AD Design/Management, PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- Some experience of Cisco network configuration, firewalls and network troubleshooting
- Good customer facing skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Windows 10 experience essential
- Software technical qualifications, i.e. MCP, MCSE
- Manufacturer accreditations
- Basic scripting
- Knowledge of Service Now.