Technical Services Manager
My Client is a rapidly growing manufacturing site in Wigan, creating a premium product sold in the UK & European markets. Due to this period of growth & their products continued success across the UK & in Europe, we are currently seeking a professional, experienced Technical Services Manager, with an understanding of the manufacturing process & an appreciation of design.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of around 10 years in improving product ranges through product/component supply choice.
What will you be responsible for in your new role:
The design and development of new products as well as the administration of existing ranges.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director.
- Experience of Managing a Technical Cad Dept preferably for a production company
- Design and develop new products.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Technical office.
- Responsible for providing concise technical information to the factory staff.
- Excellent prospects for career progression.
What will your day look like :
- Creating and revision of production drawings and information.
- Responsible for translation of design ideas into production engineering drawings.
- Maintaining current information including Bills of Materials and Manufacturing documents.
- Investigate production processes and improve efficiencies.
- Assist in research and development
- Understand and implement regulations that are related to the product range. This includes inspections.
- Investigate and process customer requirements for the Sales department.
- Improve efficiencies on the production line by design and product selection.
- Reduce material cost in new and current products.
- Perform duties as and when directed by the supervisor.
Internally, you will work closely with:
- R&D Team
- Purchasing Manager
- Managing Director
- Production Manager
- Line Managers
What do you need to succeed as a technical Services Manager:
- Good CAD skills both in 2D and 3D, preferably AutoCAD LT
- Managing and meeting cost targets.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers, translating technical information.
- Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the new product process.
- Ensuring the successful integration of a new product to the production line.
- Experience in manufacturing techniques and how to improve efficiencies on a production line.
- Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineering solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good team working skills.
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- An understanding of Manufacturing systems, Bills of Materials and stock codes.
- An understanding of Building Regulations and prefabricated buildings preferable but not essential.
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element.
- Experience of selecting suitable components and suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality.
Measures of Success :
- Correct and concise drawings issued to the factory.
- Level of materials saves from current product line and new designs.
- Effectiveness of ideas on improving product design.
- Effectiveness of ideas on improving production efficiency.
- Progression of projects targeting new designs.
If this sounds like the role you have been waiting for, then click apply now or give me a call for more information.