An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Senior Buyer based at Leading Software customer site in Bracknell with some travel to Newbury. This is a Full-time, temporary role.
- Provides extensive transactional procurement support, focusing on fundamental business, purchasing and financial controls that require a high level of technical expertise.
- Uses procurement subject matter expertise to solve problems, ensure compliance, and improve processes.
- Contributes to strategic initiatives and helps implement tactical solutions.
- Performs and monitors process- oriented tasks as assigned while applying a high level of judgment and experience to align individual and team work with overall strategy; works with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Collaborates with team and internal partners to ensure established processes are followed, meet compliance requirements, and contribute to organizational goals.
- Collaborates with teams to maintain and enhance the current business objectives and operational processes.
- Provides independent, analytic, and tactical support with limited supervision.
- Apply checklist and process the purchase requisitions in procurement tools; Fallout correction due to system migration(ECF)
- Basic understanding of PO process workflows, maintain TAT & Accuracy of the PO Process; Drive Productivity improvements, Accuracy scores
- Liaison between the HPE engagement managers and the staffing suppliers for the acquisition of quality and cost effective Agency Contractors.
- Workflow management- Ensure proper allocation of volumes done on various Roles & Categories on daily basis (Production planning and work load allocation)
- First point of escalation for the team; One point contact for issues relating to team and within the team
- Making decisions with respect to the day-to-day processes followed within the team. Disseminating information to the team; Train new joiners
- Creates documentation capturing the process specifics and training material for the team
- Ensure delivery of process output as per agreed SOW Commitments
- Has a flair for numbers, high-end metrics reporting & creating presentations
- Should have the ability to present & articulate the metrics scorecards and dashboards in Domain reviews, capture MOM, track action items and drive them to Closure.
- Responsible to maintain all the Records and reporting of the team; Responsible for getting the team ready for any internal/external audit
- Has the ability to understand business metrics performance and comes up with solutions, improvement projects.
- Evaluating the existing risks and controls and closure of gap; Implementing quality controls within the process to deliver per customer expectation
- Escalate unresolved issues to relevant stake holders; Demonstrate ability to do basic troubleshooting of computer applications
- Processing payments to the bank with the agreed timelines and resolve any payment issues such as fallouts to ensure timely payment; Review and Process limit exception and policy exception and application requests.
- Acting as a liaison between the card holders and the bank for resolving any issues
- Cancellations, reactivation, block/unblock cards, modification to card limits, MCC restrictions, cash advance; any modification to company related data like Cost Center, EID
- Resolve day to day issued raised by the EEM team such as wrong employee numbers to be updated; duplicate accounts, card issuance; card replacements; card reinstatements; double payments; credit balance refunds; balances & reconciliations of accounts; balance inquiries; overdue accounts; ad hoc maintenance
- Responsible for the recording keeping of Cardholder Agreement Forms, original applications, account numbers.
- Ensure on time completion of Pcard transaction Audits and implement non consequences model, also keeping track of Non Compliance from card holders
Education and Experience
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in procurement delivery operations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of process workflows, basic business and financial controls, and procurement processes.
- Excellent analytical and technical aptitude.
- Strong business application skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools
- Good understanding of corporate compliance.
- Basic project management skills
- Good understanding of Quality concepts and tools used (Eg: Lean, 6 sigma)
- Works across a single function supporting multiple countries and/or commodities.
- Assigned complex level procurement, business, and/or financial responsibilities.