Deskside Support Engineer IV
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer IV to work in a busy demanding Techbar environment situated within a flagship office at the clients headquarters in London. This is a temporary 3-month role with the expectation that it will to run for up to 1 year and possibly longer. Weekly hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week to start ASAP. The Techbar needs to be manned between the hours of 8am and 6pm (shared with another engineer). The role is paying £22.26 per hour to start ASAP.
The successful candidate will have a broad level of experience in all the responsibilities shown below. The role is client facing at a senior level, so there is a strong emphasis on having excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to project a professional image throughout. You will be required to assist the customer with IT requests and incidents face to face in an on-demand environment, quickly resolving issues where possible or providing guidance within a defined escalation process from the wider team if required. You will need to be able to work collaboratively with the customers Executive Support Officer and other supplier partners, whilst adhering to the remit of our organisation.
The successful candidate will be the public face of the customers IT department in what is their flagship headquarters and you will need to be comfortable in dealing with people at all levels.
- Resolve / troubleshoot issues with hardware or software
- Provide advice and help on common platforms and toolsets - Windows 7/10, O365, with some experience of Apple IOS for iPhones & iPads.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, WIFI etc
- 'How to' general queries e.g. (typically in MS Office products)
- Password resets (depends on access granted)
- Troubleshoot printing issues or help setup printer access on laptops
- Assist with Video conferencing and webex if required
- Flexibility with start and finish times to ensure the techbar is manned between 8am and 6pm with another engineer.
- Excellent customer facing skills, projects a professional image
- Punctual and Reliable
- Able to prioritise workload under pressure and manage customers at all levels of seniority
- Robust experience and proficiency in the support of Win 7, Win 10, O365 as well as matching hardware skills
- Strong incident resolution and problem-solving skills with good experience of 3rd line face to face support environment.
- Should have professional accreditation or equivalent practical experience, ITIL foundations recommended.