Grounds Maintenance Operative
Experienced Ground Maintenance Operatives wanted to work for a growing FM company's Hook location.
The Ground Maintenance Operative reports to the GM Team Foreman and, working within the Ground Maintenance team, completes maintenance works in accordance with project specifications, CDM requirements, the client's Health and Safety and Environmental procedures and industry best practices.
- Delivering a high quality of workmanship covering all aspects of Ground Maintenance on sites (mowing lawns, maintaining hedges, controlling weeds, pruning, litter picking, etc.)
- Provide a responsive and professional service to customers, dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating immediately to GM Team Foreman as appropriate.
- Carry out all works in accordance with client's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures; as well as contract-specific Construction Phase Plans, Job Sheets, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Proactively report any deficiencies in plant, equipment or damaged infrastructure to the GM Team Foreman immediately.
- Proactively participate in "near miss" and accident reporting to promote continuous improvement in Health and Safety performance, and help to pre-empt the circumstances and practices under which injuries might be sustained in future.
- Ensure that any unsatisfactory performance identified is immediately corrected to meet expected standards and requirements.
- Carry out all duties in a manner and style that reflects the client's values and respects all colleagues and customers.
- Good working knowledge of Grounds Maintenance and previous industry experience is essential
- Valid UK driving license essential
- CSCS Card preferred, but not essential
- Relevant Health & Safety training preferred
- Drive to develop a career in the horticultural industry
The client will provide all tools and a branded vehicle, however due to the rural location of the client's facility candidates must have their own transport (even a bike). You will work approximately 40 hours per week. The hourly rate is between £9.00 and £9.25/hour, depending on relevant experience.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing and well-respected Facilities and Grounds Maintenance company. If you are interested and available, please ring us on 0118 955 3284 and ask for Naomi.