Manpower are pleased to be recruiting for a Process Technician on behalf of our client located in Luton. The role is Permanent and based within the Aerospace Sector.
ROLE: PROCESS TECHNICIAN
£20,000 per annum, plus benefits
HOURS OF WORK: 8am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 8am - 3.30pm Friday
To encapsulate and finish wound components by the process of Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI).
- Prior manufacturing/ Engineering experience (desirable)
- Prior surface treatments experience (highly desirable)
- Accustomed to reading part numbers and interpreting technical drawings (highly desirable)
- Accustomed to adhering to detailed compliance processes in a timely manner (highly desirable)
- Accustomed to working with hand tools, confident in assemble/disassemble of bespoke product tooling (highly desirable).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate the Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) equipment to encapsulate wound components with insulating varnish.
- Maintain varnish conditions by completing regular tests and checks in accordance with process specifications. (eg: varnish viscosity, solids content and gel time).
- Ensure that parts are impregnated with the correct varnish and are processed to drawing, process specifications and other relating engineering and quality control documentation.
- Operate the curing ovens using the program controllers and chart recorder equipment.
- Remove excess varnish from components post cure in accordance with drawings, layouts, process specifications and other relating engineering and quality control documentation.
- Ensure that all documentation, oven chart recorders and work pack travellers are kept up to date.
- Ensure that production targets are met as per team leader requests and customer due dates.
- Checking of plant equipment at regular intervals in accordance with maintenance check sheets.
- Completing internal calibration of the curing ovens in accordance with industry standards.
- Responsible for the reporting of defective equipment or tooling to team leader.
- Maintain department and surrounding areas in accordance with the companies 5S programme
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- To comply with all Company policies and procedures and support Company initiatives
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements and take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Numerate and literate - minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English (desired)
ABOUT THE CANDIATE:
- ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams
- Strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Detailed, ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multi task
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Well organised and self-motivated
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!