HR Business Partner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Business Partner, to be based at our client's research facility in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire (MK44) - just 40 minutes drive from Milton Keynes. Our client is a global FMCG Company with Brands such as Lipton, Ben & Jerry's, Knorr, Persil & Magnum therefore this is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organisation.
This is a full-time temporary role for 3 months, however there is the possibility this could become permanent for the right candidate. Working a 37.5 hour week, this role is paying circa £60,000 per annum, pro rata (depending on experience). Please note; ASAP start required (no more than 4 weeks notice).
Business Context and Main Role Purpose
In this role, you have responsibility for all aspects of the people agenda, working closely with the broader HR community to ensure HR policies and practices are executed effectively and that talent, organisation, culture and capability needs are diagnosed, and interventions delivered to address these.
This role is critical to the delivery of the global R&D agenda, particularly with a focus on embedding growth Programmes, building talent pipelines and creating a highly effective organisation.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- You are already a highly experienced, successful, forward thinking and driven HR business partner and ready for a new challenge. Experience working in FMCG, R&D, pharmaceutical or manufacturing companies would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of key HR processes and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle.
- Ideally has both hands-on HR business partnering experience as well as experience/understanding of the HR service centre environment and/or expertise.
- Excellent communication skills/technique.
- Analytical and purpose driven mindset.
- Collaboration skills to enable working across the global organisation - (previous experience working for a global organisation would be highly beneficial).
- Change Management experience.
- Proactive trouble shooting.
- Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions.
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Capacity to understand problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand relationships among subcomponents.
- Ability to use research methods effectively, including data collection, diagnostic, and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Site HR partner and HRBP to the site leader.
- Coach and advise the respective Leadership Teams & work to define leadership agenda and build team effectiveness.
- Understand the global R&D agenda and define functional agenda to deliver against this.
- Proactively identify and manage team effectiveness and performance and work with Directors to design interventions as necessary.
- Assess R&D talent needs and facilitate regular discussions to ensure diverse talent pipeline available to meet these needs, considering internal talent career pathways, direct entry, apprentices, graduates & placements.
- Lead on the organisation change agenda for R&D.
- Use analytics and organisation diagnostics to plan and implement organisation development interventions such as reducing attrition and increasing engagement through wellbeing and purpose programmes.
- Support the capability agenda at both an organisational and individual level fully utilising resources within HR and the business to deliver.
- Define & deliver Line Management capability interventions on performance, job evaluation and reward decisions, alongside the HR Advisor team, to ensure compliance to policies, a high level of line manager ownership maintained.
- Drive simplification of the above activities in pursuit of best practice improvements that contribute to Line Manager self-service and a focus on HRBP team time spent in the highest value-add activities.
- Ownership for all recruitment, talent moves, performance & reward for population & ensuring alignment with relevant partners.
- Work in collaboration with the Refreshment HRBP to ensure aligned overall HR Agenda.
- Lead projects on the HR agenda for Global R&D and the UK & Ireland geography.