Ocean Freight Export Clerk
Position Ocean Freight Export Clerk
Location Coleshill - Birmingham
Salary £20,000 - £30,000 DOE
To work within a department, based at our Birmingham HQ on the Birmingham Business Park (near to the NEC and Birmingham International Railway Station):
- Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
- Freight is moved to customer specifications, on time with all the necessary customs and legal documentation and a record is kept of all daily events and interactive reports.
- Arrange haulage with shipping line/hauliers.
- All freight is invoiced and checked prior to dispatch.
- Ensure pre-alert documents are on hand as required.
- Requests and queries are resolved and actioned quickly and efficiently.
- Communication with overseas agents, customers and suppliers is clear precise and effective to ensure that the freight is moved as per customer requirements.
- Use customer ERP and SAP systems as and when required.
- Accurate & timely reporting/escalation to department manager.
What we're looking for
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in freight forwarding.
- Export experience involving shipments to global destinations and working with clear operating procedures.
- Familiarity with the use of all forms of haulage, sea, road, rail and air for ADR and IMDG shipments.
- Experience of managing client/customer relations with strong verbal and written communication.
- International experience and exposure plus the ability to work with a global network of agents, suppliers, shipping lines, hauliers, and rail and air lines in other countries.
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst retaining the capacity to remain calm under pressure and resolve problems and challenges efficiently.
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.