- Responsible for the supervision of all facilities staff
- Providing an effective and efficient facilities service to the trust
- To ensure safe working practices
- On a day to day basis you will need to use your own judgement and initiative when applying the department policies, cleaning specifications and work plans taking in to account staffing levels on duty, adjusting as appropriate to staff rotas.
- You will be able to prioritise your own workload taking in to account the reactive nature of the job.
- Check and authorise monthly timesheets and payroll returns for facilities staff.
- Monitor usage and ensure appropriate materials and equipment are ordered and available for all facilities staff.
- Responsible for carrying out staff audits to ensure compliance with uniform, hand hygiene, bare below the elbows, infection control policies, take appropriate action to address shortfalls.
- Investigate incidents and complaints.
- Checking records of temperatures relating to food storage and service and take appropriate action if they fall out of the acceptable range.