Manpower are working with a leading Manufacturing company in Halifax. They are looking to recruit a Materials Manager to work within their Flow Control division.
The role is primarily an internal, external supply chain, process flow and stock management role for OEM & Aftermarket products contributing to the overall on-time delivery and output of the organization.
- Accountable for the delivery of results to time, cost and quality targets.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that plans are turned into reality.
- Review forward orders and take action where required for the production plan to best meet the customer requirements achieving >90% OTD AM
- Review the load situation and highlight actions necessary to address future capacity constraints.
- Introduce improvements to the forward planning process to enable earlier detection of capacity constraints.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure effective and efficient running of the production plans.
- Continuous improvement and implementation of plans and new ideas.
- End to End Value Stream Management of Aftermarket. Including both forecasting and execution.
- Manage activities associated with material movement, receiving through to dispatch.
- Maintain a complete and thorough understanding of inventory control and systems, develop and manage team, improve their skills and performance
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities for stores functions in accordance with the organisation's policies and procedures.
- Lead scheduling meetings as required achieving optimum performance.
- Introduce inventory and performance processes as required to maintain control.
- Ensure all work personally undertaken within WVC is carried out in compliance with current H&S rules and WVC safety systems, and is in line with the requirements of the WVC duty of care document.
- Lead weekly, monthly and annual stock takes.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing.
Methodical with an attention to details.
Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
Extremely self-organisation, ability to work at a detailed level coupled with a thorough grasp of the need for flexible, practical solutions on a day-to-day basis are necessary personal behaviours.
Computer literate in the use of spreadsheets.
Excellent knowledge of MRP and operations planning within the small batch / high variety environment.