We have a brilliant opportunity to work as a Production Worker with our client in Cheadle. You will be working 37.5 hours per week full time at £9.12 Per Hour with a variety of shifts available (shift rates variable)
Days - 8am - 4:30pm, Earlies (6am - 2pm), Lates (2pm - 10pm), Nights (10pm - 6am)
The role is starting ASAP and is due to run initially for 3 months with the potential to be extended to 6 months.
Our client is primarily involved in engineering, development and manufacturing of turbochargers and related forced induction systems for ground vehicles from small passenger cars to large trucks and industrial equipment and construction machinery.
- Assembly of Turbochargers i.e. Manufacturing
- Disassembly and Reassembly of Turbochargers i.e. Remanufacturing
- Maintains records of scrap rates, failure modes and outputs
- Facilitate the utilisation and edition of FMEA and Control plans
- Maintenance of tooling and processes
- Process improvement to increase OEE/RTY through availability, performance and quality coefficients
- Requisitioning of new components to support the process of rebuilding the turbochargers
- Works to internal Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures, continually seeking to improve the operation
- Identification of continual improvement opportunities through root cause analysis, kaizen and other problem solving techniques
- Utilising Six Sigma tools where appropriate & strive to continually improve the quality of service. provided to customers
- Working with Supervisor to improve processes.
- SOS, 5S and TPM adherence to specified standards
- Performing other tasks as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Assembly experience
- Computer skills
- Health & safety conscious
- Able to carry out heavy manual duties
- Good communication skills
Drug screening is required on all successful candidates.