An opportunity has arisen for a part-time Payroll Specialist in Birmingham, West Midlands.
The main purpose of this role is to support the HR Payroll function in the smooth running of sites located in Birmingham, Castle Donington and Liverpool. To process and manage the company's payroll calculating wages based on hours worked and administer payments. The goal is to ensure employees receive the correct compensation in a timely manner. Proven experience as Payroll Specialist with a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
Support HR Function with all aspects of Payroll management including:
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages, LOS and any other reports required for the department and or business
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Issuing tax forms (e.g P45's, P60's)
- Collation of payroll information from relevant departments
- Check employee timesheets/clock cards, calculate overtime and holiday pay alongside any other payments due
- Process employee payroll including the calculation and processing of all relevant deductions
- Statutory calculations such us maternity pay, sick pay etc.
- Processing of pension contributions and enrolment of eligible employees into company pension scheme and pension administration
- Processing AOEs and HMRC submissions
- Inputting absence and collation of absence data
- Checking payslips and reports at payroll validation and rectifying identified issues
- Payroll reporting
- Processing of new starters and leavers
- Posting of payroll journals
- Conducting compliance checks
- Providing advice and support to employees with pay or pension queries
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
The successful Transport Coordinator will have the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases (e.g SAGE 50)
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organisational ability with great attention to detail
- Previous payroll experience is essential
- Experience of working within a payroll function
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and their application to the payroll function
- Be highly organised
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to deal with questions/queries
- Experience of payroll input
- Excel experience highly desirable
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
In return this company will offer the successful Payroll Specialist a salary of circa £22,000 - £24,000, access to the company performance related bonus scheme.
To apply for this position, please contact your local Manpower UK Branch and ask to speak with Amelia Griffiths, or apply online now.
Apply for Payroll Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly