Purchase Ledger Clerk
Manpower are currently recruiting for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to work at one of our client's offices based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Our client is a well-established, successful family run Catering Butchers located in Throckley. They are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger to join their busy team. Reporting to the Manager the successful candidate will have full responsibility for Purchase Ledger, amongst other ad hoc finance and office duties.
- Purchase Ledger
- Posting of invoices
- Updating cashbook spreadsheet
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Petty cash postings
- Dealing with inbound calls from customers, answering queries, receiving orders and account queries etc.
- Dealing with inbound calls from our drivers, we have a fleet of 11 vans on the road every day and can be calling for several different reasons.
- Dealing with inbound calls from suppliers conducting sales calls for orders and account queries etc.
- General cash handling as quite a lot of our customers still pay in cash meaning our drivers return to the depot with cash payments from customers which needs balancing, sorting and banking.
- Daily scanning of a high volume of records which also need to be saved and filed correctly for easy document retrieval.
- Dependant on experience there may be some assistance with payroll
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to take on new challenges and adapt to changes
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Reliable and hard working
- Ability to multitask as and when needed in a very busy office
- Strong experience in a Purchase Ledger/Customer Service role along with extensive administration experience.
- Exceptional telephone manner
This is a part time permanent role working 28.5 hours per week working the following hours:
Monday 08:00 - 15:00/15:30
Wednesday 08:00 - 13:30
Thursday 08:00 - 16:30
Friday 08:00 - 16:30
A 30-minute lunch break is to be taking on all full working days. Please note working hours may slightly change but only upon agreement by both parties. Flexibility is required as the successful applicant may be required to work the occasional Tuesday or Saturday to provide holiday cover but only upon advanced notice and agreement.
- Permanent contract
- Part time 28.5 hours per week
- £10 - £11 per hour dependant on experience
- Based in Throckley, easily accessible by public transport
- 4 weeks annual leave + pro rata bank holidays (please note December is our busiest month so only bank holidays can be taken during this month)
- Employee perks such as able to purchase meat at a discounted price and receive a weekly meat parcel to the value of £11 with different contents every week. The weekly parcel is a taxable benefit that goes on your p11d.
Interested? Apply now!! Call Emma Gallagher on 01912320012 or email for further information.