Location: Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, 300 Jennens Road, Birmingham
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 weeks assignment
Hours: Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire has been through a period of unprecedented growth and change in recent years. In 2017 Birmingham Conservatoire and Birmingham School of Acting merged. This was followed by the awarding of the Royal title, shortly after the institution moved to new purpose built facilities, including 5 new performance venues. A 16 month opening festival of concerts and events will reach its conclusion in June 2019.
Royal Birmingham Conservatoire is now looking for an Events Assistant to support the administration and delivery of public events programmes presented at its venues. Working closely with and reporting to the Events Manager, the Events Assistant will communicate with a variety of internal and external customers, providing advice on events, venues and requirements, to enable successful planning of events. They will also use event management software to process concert and event bookings, collate concert and event information, administer contracts and invoices, book accommodation and travel for guest artists and to update and distribute event schedules.
Our new Events Assistant will be able to demonstrate a genuine passion for music, acting and the wider performing arts. They will be knowledgeable and demonstrate a clear understanding of the requirements of all aspects of professional performing arts events, having gained relevant experience in a similar arts, venues or events environment. They will be organised and self-motivated, with an ability to absorb new information quickly, and able to work in a busy fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
Main Activities and responsibilities
- A good standard of education with vocational qualifications relating to business administration, customer services and events or arts management
- Experience in a broad, proactive administrative role in a similar environment (events, hospitality or marketing)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in an organised and efficient manner
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and co-operative
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills
- A clear demonstrable interest in music and/ or acting