Electrical Bias Multi Skilled Engineer (FMCG/food /drink)
A fantastic opportunity to work for a recognised brand as a Multi Skilled Engineer (elec bias 60/40).
You will be a hands on skilled Mechanic, who can achieve results with a minimum of down time of machinery & operatives, covering a 24/7 operation in a 4 on 4 off shift patter basis (28% shift allowance premium offered plus lots of superb benefits).
- You will be already educated to a minimum ONC standard or equivalent with an understanding of how a packaging maintenance function works (ideally bottling) (will consider NVQ level 3 too)
- Hold a recognised experience in an electrical/mechanical discipline
- Have proven experience of carrying out reactive repairs OTIF
- With strong problem solving / fault finding skills with expertise on a variety of complex equipment ideally within the FMCG/ food / bottling industry
- Exposure to and familiar with CMMS systems
- Maintenance of equipment using fault finding recognised techniques across the site processes to achieve the expected high-standards.
- Additionally, you will carry out any reactive maintenance fault repairs in a fix first time timely manner. Ensuring all tools and parts are removed from the area, and equipment handed back in a clean condition.
- Have strong problem-solving skills, operational understanding of OEE,5s Lean manufacturing techniques TPM, PPM in a manufacturing environment.
You will have responsibility for:
- Identify equipment engineering solutions to improve operational performance
- Carry out equipment PPM as directed by Engineering Manager
- Daily reporting, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for issues impacting performance using data base to record work undertaken.
- Familiar with key work shop practices, in the use of electrical hand tools, Welding Hot work operations, grinding and fixed machine tools in drilling, milling and lathe use.
- Effectively support and coach production teams to meet objectives, including support with process change overs to ensure timely and smooth production start-up.
- Health and Safety responsibility and awareness in a manufacturing environment with the ability to recognise unsafe working practices and report those that require immediate attention. To be reported to Engineering Manager, including near miss and incident reporting, ensuring one's own health and safety compliance at all times.
If this sounds like you, then let's start a conversation asap as I have multiple opportunities in the business to fill.