Senior Finance Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking Senior Finance Analysts based at their Leading Software customer site in Bracknell. This is a full-time, temporary roles for up to 6 months. Monday to Friday 9am-6pm, 40 hours a week to start ASAP. Paying up to £475.00 per day depending on experience
Our client is a leading infrastructure software company with global scale. The Group is the seventh largest software company in the world, the largest technology company listed on the FTSE and the largest UK technology company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. They specialise in managing predominantly mature infrastructure software assets which have been delivering value to significant numbers of customers over long periods of time.
- As a Senior Financial Analyst-Statutory Accountant, you will be a key member of the Controllership Team, participating in preparation of set of financial statements in closely collaboration with regional lead and strong engagement with tax teams, including collaboration with Micro Focus tax team.
- Your range of responsibilities will include medium and complex financial analysis for the statutory accounts area such as:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly statutory balance sheet reviews and quarterly profit and loss analytical review, including reconciliation of management vs. statutory accounting,
- Strong Understanding of accounting and finance concepts. Hands on experience on finance systems (NetSuite etc.)
- Experience in managing the Internal financial controls, interpreting the accounting policies & procedures in turn to facilitate internal financial control.
- Reviewing and finalization of accounts of one or multiple entities (as per IFRS).
- Participate or prepare annual set of financial statements and applicable notes in accordance with the local GAAP, including balance sheet, income statement, equity statement, cash flow statement and notes
- Support and coordinate the audit process for financial statements: liaise with auditors to finalize list of deliverables and documentation needed for audit, coordination of documentation support and providing necessary explanations for country and annual group audit
- Ensure compliance with various statutes and control parameters. Ability to identify risks and address the same with mitigating controls.
- Taxation: Support in quarterly calculation and preparation of foreign tax provision - current tax and deferred tax forecast
- Taxation: Prepare required information in consultation with tax department and the country accounting team to complete tax returns on a monthly/yearly basis
- Experience in requirements for SoX Controls and reporting (Sarbanes Oxley Act)
- Enable and support leadership team with strong control matrices which would help in decision making.
- Knowledge of Direct and indirect tax is mandatory. Minimal hands on experience is needed to handle some of the activities.
- Exposure to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) is essential.
- Exposure to M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) is desirable.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a capability to work across diverse teams and an ability to work across virtual teams.
- Strong accounting, compliance and controls focused.
- Excellent Written/Oral communications skills.
- Capability to multi-task activities and provide timely delivery of deliverables.
- Excellent analytical and Business Application (e.g. Microsoft Excel / power point etc..) skills.
- Ready to work in a change management environment.
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines.
- Ability to identify key fraud preventative controls and leverage to develop monitoring capability.
- Superior teamwork and motivating skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Auditing and controllership.
- 4 years of relevant controllership experience is essential.