Category Specialist/ Senior Buyer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading utilities supplier as a Category Manager, our client are currently seeking a Category Specialist/ Senior Buyer based in Coventry, This a full-time temporary contract for 3-6 months paying in the region of £300 - £350 per day.
As a Category Specialist/ Senior Buyer you will be responsible for daily strategic procurement operations within the business area that you are aligned to. The role will assist the Category Manager in delivery of Category Strategies identifying future commercial opportunities and direction. This will involve engaging and building strong working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring we understand the supply chains so we can offer the best solutions for CG.
The Senior Buyer is accountable for delivery of multiple strategic sourcing events within their portfolio, working with stakeholders to understand and challenge demand, setting sourcing strategy and delivering events from market engagement through to award.
You may also be responsible for managing contracts to ensure the successful delivery of contracted activities, identifying continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders, and maximizing value for money from contracts awarded.
Utilising the Strategic Sourcing Process (National Grid's OJEU compliant process for event delivery) you will generate value in line with stakeholder expectations and ensure contractual arrangements drive performance and manage risk.
Required capabilities will include:
- Experience of strategic sourcing and category management
- Proven experience of communicating with others from peer group to senior management
- An understanding of project management principles and ideally evidence of managing multiple projects and consistently delivering outstanding results
- Ability to prepare for and to lead negotiations
- Where relevant experience of contract managing a portfolio of suppliers
- Experience using analytical tools and techniques
- Experience of presenting data to support informed business decisions
- Good presentation skills
- Good working understanding of EU and utility procurement directives ideally supported by evidence of running a competitive compliant tender process
- Good commercial acumen
- Good understanding of contract drafting principles
- Experience of utilising creative and innovative ideas to deliver procurement solutions
- Skilled at working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Contribution to process improvements across a business in order to improve customer buying experience
- Demonstrable experience of running at least 1 high complexity/value or several medium complexity/value events from start to finish
- Experience leading the development of complex/high value category specific commercial strategies
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and consistently delivering results
- Demonstrable experience of preparation for and lead of complex negotiations
- Should be able to train and offer guidance to others on EU and utility procurement directives
- Able to provide examples of creative and innovative ideas delivering business value
- Strong project management skills
- Evidence of taking the lead on process improvement project and able to articulate results
- Able to demonstrate influencing skills at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrates self-awareness and understands the impact they have on others.
- Motivate themselves and others, with a positive and professional attitude
- A results-oriented individual who thrives on challenging timelines
- Possesses a wider internal and external perspective by building a clear understanding of what drives markets, suppliers and stakeholders
- Leads change by effectively communicating and building commitment
- Thinks ahead and anticipates the future needs of both the business and the customer