Customer Service Advisor
Role: Customer Service Advisor - Finance Support Team (12 Month temporary role - possibly leading to a permanent contract)
- Are you a confident communicator with proven customer service experience?
- Are you able to commit to working every Saturday, with a Sunday and a day off in the week?
Our client is one of the largest banks in the UK and is currently recruiting for people who are passionate about Customer Service.
As part of the team at Southend, you will manage telephone calls from our customers handling queries that relate to current bank accounts, loan agreements and credit cards.
Your main responsibilities as a Customer Service Advisor will be to:
- Play an integral part in supporting customers who may need assistance in managing their finances
- Manage inbound calls to help manage customer enquiries regarding late or non-payment
- To recognise when a Customer is vulnerable and needs specialist support from our SST Team
- Delivering a high level of customer service by employing active listening and good questioning skills
- Provide and agree manageable solutions for the customer
- Meet the Bank's compliance and quality standards
- Ensure on every call that customer receives both the best possible advice and an excellent experience
Key Skills & Experience
Ideally you will have some previous experience of working within a customer focused role, moreover you have the capacity to learn. To succeed in this role you will need:
- Good command of the English language
- Excellent IT skills
- Positive attitude
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to demonstrate genuine empathy with customers situation and needs
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills with the ability to work well as part of the team
Our client offers a fantastic training programme that runs for 8 weeks (with ongoing support and coaching) to ensure you can deliver an excellent service to all of the Bank's customers.
Please note that this training is mandatory and is full time (Monday - Friday) for the first 8 weeks before you are aligned to your given shift pattern.
The Finance Management operations will need you to be able to commit to a shift pattern that requires you to work 7 hour shifts for 5 days between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and between 8am - 5pm on Saturdays.
Total hours are 35 hours a week.
Salary and Benefits
- You'll get a competitive hourly rate of £10.66
- As a Manpower employee you are entitled to 33 days holiday per full holiday year.
- Pension contributions
- Discounts on a variety of family days
- On-site gym & restaurant
If you are continuously hitting the KPI's set by the Bank and you are seen to be working in line with the Bank's values there is potential for the role to become permanent or fixed term contract (subject to availability).
If you're driven to go above and beyond what's expected, always professional in your work, and can engage with customers using your great communication skills, demonstrate empathy, then we would really like to hear from you.
We are looking for a minimum of 12 months commitment to the role.
Start Date for the role is July 2019
Please send your CV in the first instance or email us directly.
You must be able to pass the Bank's pre-employment screening which includes a credit check and 2 years referencing