Application Support and Development Engineer
Our client are recruiting for an experienced Application Support and Development Engineer to join their established IT team, for more information please keep reading!
You will be an experienced professional, with commercial experience of working within a similar role. You will have previous application development experience with relational databases preferably within an Oracle/Unix environment.
Your role will be vital in working within a small team, providing technical support (1st-3rd line) to business systems, hardware, network, servers and support - both remotely and on site at multiple locations so a full, UK driving licence is essential. (The locations are all in the Essex area)
You will also be responsible for:
- Daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, both hardware and software
- Application development life cycle and project management
- Strong SQL development of reports and ETL
- Business analysis and application design of database in Oracle 9i - 12, MS SQL Server to include creation of the following (tables, indexes, procedures and packages).
- Report development and support in one or more of the following: Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Oracle Reports.
- Development and support of Unix (AIX, HPUX, Linux) scripts in Korn shell or Bourne shell
- Application development in Visual Basic.
- Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems & applications
For more information, please apply today!