Manpower is currently recruiting for Warehouse Operatives to join a well-established company in Reading on a temporary to permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to carry out related duties involved with the carriage of goods within a defined geographical area. You'll provide excellent customer service whilst operating within a safe working environment and ensuring legal compliance.
- Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling/lifting of heavy and large items
- Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock
- Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift truck and cranes
- Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers orders
- Maintain regular contact and ensure any issues are communicated
- Operate machinery (only when trained to do so
- Keep work area clean and tidy
Required Skills and Experience
- Used to working in a flexible, results oriented, team environment
- Has worked in warehousing or distribution business
- Able to read written instructions & record accurately work carried out
- Understanding and experience of EHS requirements, in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Ability to deliver good customer service
- Organised and able to work on own initiative
- A clean driving licence for vehicle shunting on site is required
- Mobile equipment experiences e.g. FLT, overhead crane (desirable)
It is desirable if the candidate has IT skills (word, excel, outlook etc.), experience with saw machinery or has any experience working within the steel industry. This company is looking for applicants who work well within a team, have a willingness to learn, strong customer service skills, ability to use own initiative and have high quality standards at work.
This role is run on a rotating shift pattern - Week 1 6:00am to 14:30pm and Week 2 12:30pm to 21:00pm, 30-minute break, Monday to Friday.
Full training and shadowing are provided, and upskilling is offered to all candidates inclusive of in-house FLT certificate.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Harriet on 01189 553284 or apply today!