Class 2 Driver
Manpower is currently recruiting for Cat C Drivers to join a well-established company in Reading on a temporary to permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to carry out driving & related duties involved with the carriage of goods within a defined geographical area. You'll provide excellent customer service whilst operating within a safe working environment and ensuring legal compliance, you will be front facing representative to the general public and must act in a polite and professional manner at all times.
- To oversee the safe unloading of vehicles at customer premises
- Ensuring Proofs of Delivery are signed & returned without delay
- To check the load security & weight distribution according to latest safe working practices at the beginning and end of each shift
- As required, & appropriately trained, works mobile equipment to load &/or unload vehicles
- To ensure that the delivery vehicles are always maintained to Company standards in terms of reporting of any defects to the vehicle
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies
- Ensures vehicles are in safe condition, with daily checks correctly completed before use, & are operated in a safe manner
- Accurately updates documentation relating to the carriage of products
- Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day
Required Skills and Experience
- Class 2 Licence
- Driver CPC & Digital Tachograph card
- Has worked in warehousing or distribution business
- HGV driving skills (& licensed to the appropriate vehicle class with no more than 6 points)
- Able to read written instructions & record accurately work carried out.
- Understanding and experience of EHS requirements, in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- Knowledge of working time directive
- Good attention to detail & customer service skills
It is desirable if the candidate has IT skills (word, excel, outlook etc.), experience with saw machinery or has any experience working within the steel industry. This company is looking for applicants who work well within a team, have a willingness to learn, strong customer service skills, ability to use own initiative and have high quality standards at work.
The hours for this position are usually 6:00am to 14:30pm, although can change depending on delivery and volume so flexibility is key, and you will be working on average 40hours per week with possibility of overtime. Hours of work between Monday to Friday only.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Harriet on 01189 553284 or apply today!