Product Development Engineer (Electronics)
We are currently seeking a permanent Product Development Engineer (Electronics) in Portsmouth, Hampshire, working Full Time Hours, 37 hours per week at £35k per annum, please see below for more information;
A Product Development Engineer is required to join Mayflower Smart Control which is a brand within SSE Enterprise Digital Services, specialising in the management of Smart street lighting and Smart City applications. Mayflower's CMS (Central Management System) is installed on over 400,000 assets across the UK, Ireland and Australia with aims to increase international sales within the next 5 years.
Reporting directly to the Senior Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the complete development of hardware solutions to Smart City challenges, from capturing client requirements to the delivery of products to market.
- testing and reviewing hardware / firmware
- oversee and manage integration of third-party sensors and applications
- ensuring that the product design and documentation is kept up to date between Mayflower, the design authority and manufacturers
- working with the design authority and compliance test houses to ensure products are compliant and that all information is reviewed, recorded and updated within systems and the technical construction document
- working with the design authority during the product development phases (NPD/EPD)
- on-site and field-testing including release of firmware / hardware
- liaising with Manufacturers of Mayflower products (Nodes, Sub Masters etc.)
- overseeing the manufacturing and returns process
- working with the Smart City Platform software team in respect of integration of sensors / Mayflower products
- 2nd / 3rd line product support
Your Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will be educated to degree-level or equivalent, in a relevant science or engineering subject. You will also have experience of electronics manufacturing and deployment and demonstrable relevant industry experience of the product development life cycle.
Ideally, you'll have experience of hardware and firmware testing, as well as experience of working on and supporting EPD and NPD and experience of product prototyping and release to manufacturing. An ability to read and understand complex electronics, mechanical and electromechanical design would be highly advantageous.
Furthermore, you should have working knowledge of Linux Operating System and Zigbee stack and an understanding of RF communications and protocols e.g. Zigbee, Bluetooth, LoRa, SigFox, cellular communications.
You'll have experience of design control, data/file management, documentation version/control and experience of working with test houses for product compliance e.g. EN, IEC and UL.
Experience in using PCB and CAD tools would be desirable, preferably Altium and Solid works.
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
-34 days annual leave (including public holidays)
-Competitive pension plan
-Opportunity to invest in Share Incentive Plans
-Cycle to Work and Holiday Plus schemes
-One day of paid volunteering per year
-Personal development opportunities
-Other benefits include discounted Gym membership, cashback offers, priority ticket sales for SSE venues and staff discount for SSE products including boiler cover, line rental and broadband
For more information please contact me at Sophie.Howley @ Manpower .co .uk or alternatively I can be reached on 01895 204 948