Our client is looking for a strong Estates Manager to join them with the responsibility to oversee the management strategy. This role will initially be a 6 month contract whilst a permanent employee is found with a salary range of £300-£400 a day.
The Estates Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the overall estates management strategy. The maintenance strategy underpins the standards required and constant availability of the built facilities. These standards and service levels being commensurate with a World Heritage Site of major significance and a centre of excellence for botanical science also responsible for all aspects of the delivery of building maintenance, services maintenance, facilities management for both the Kew sites. These services are delivered through direct technical labour and contracted services with an operating budget of circa £3.5M per annum.
Post holder is responsible for the planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance across both sites. Ensuring all buildings and infrastructure are statutory compliant and available for the business to deliver its objectives.
This includes care and protection for the collections and making sure buildings are fit for purpose. Prioritisation of allocated resources and management of contracted services to ensure the business is able to operate without loss of functions.
There is a need to ensure effective consultation and communicate changes with key stakeholders to address prioritisation and resolve conflicting objectives/demands where they exist.
* To ensure the efficient, cost effective and responsive level of service processing requests for repairs and maintenance from occupiers
* To prioritise workloads for Engineering Managers, Maintenance Manager, Energy Manager and meet timescales for all functions
* To verify recorded information and provide statistics
* To ensure that all data is recorded within the CAFM system and that the appropriate records are maintained within plant rooms or alongside relevant equipment
* To lead and develop the team's working practices to meet the challenges from Best Value/Value for Money, new legislation, client's expectations.
* Delivery of operational estates and participate in the department's emergency on-call system as required
* To develop and manage the estates operation team to be customer focused by developing a positive image and reputation for delivery of the services provided
* To have responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of self and others and to comply at all times with the requirement of the Health and Safety Regulations.Attend and initiate meetings with clients to agree programmes of work, give advice on design and maintenance matters, and resolve contractual difficulties. Attend meetings with managers within RBG Kew and Wakehurst and other external agencies concerning estates maintenance requirements.
* Maintain good communication and co-operation with colleagues within RBG Kew and Wakehurst in the provision of services that are managed by the Estates & Capital Development Directorate.
* Undertake approved training opportunities/professional seminars, including those required to achieve 'authorised person' status across a range of engineering services.
* Demonstrate a commitment to continuous development to maximise potential. Maintain a sound working knowledge of all relevant legislation, keeps abreast of new technical developments to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the section's services.
* In conjunction with the Head of Estates and Facilities, identify and submit competitive tenders for additional works as and when appropriate to secure adequate work load to meet performance targets and maintain viability of section.
* Undertake disciplinary investigations and presents reports relating to contravention of staff sickness codes as necessary, attending hearings and industrial tribunals as required.
* Ensure that all staff comply with agreed policies and objectives through induction, development, staff development PDR and performance management. This will include the selection, motivation, development and mentoring of staff to maximise their potential for development for the organisation to continue to demonstrate Best Value and as appropriate bid competitively for work.
* Liaises with and supports the work of the Capital Development Team as required in connection with works to provide connection to the main building engineering services. Facilitates these connections including arranging shutdowns of services and means of isolation.
* Liaises with and supports the work of the Capital Development Team as required in connection with technical information, standardisation of equipment and parts regarding their compatibility with existing services and equipment.
* To act as the Authorised/Responsible Person (subject to correct training and certification) in relation to:
Low Voltage Electricity
Pressure Systems Regulations
Legionella and L8
Lifts and hoists
This is a unique opportunity to join a World Heritage site so if you are interested, please apply or call 07515 325 428.