An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client Unilever, the powerhouse behind brands such as Domestos, Cif, Sure and Persil, as a Formulation Technologist for a 6-month contract. The post will be based from Unilever's prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral, however some travel to Liverpool University may also be required. The role is paying between £24,665 - £27,406 per annum, pro rata depending on experience.
This exciting role comprises working in the Product Engineering team within the Beauty Personal Care - Science & Technology (BPC S&T) Group, assisting in delivering new Personal Care product insights and technologies which deliver significant value to the consumer and business. The ideal candidate will be responsible for undertaking experiments which will assist in understanding complex products through formulation design and characterisation of the products produced, working in multidisciplinary teams covering expertise in formulation, measurement, characterisation and process engineering.
The specific tasks associated with the role are summarised below:
- Working as part of a project team, to understand the requirements of the project brief and to deliver accordingly.
- To evaluate new product technologies or measurement techniques at laboratory scale.
- To plan and prepare own experiments and contribute to the development of experimental work plans within project teams
- Preparation and maintenance of safety documentation
- To accurately record, collate, interpret and analyse experimental results and report findings to project team.
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Home and Personal Care product formulations, processing knowledge and microstructure characterisation.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An aptitude for working with complex lab and analytical equipment.
- Proficiencies in data handling and statistics
- Strong practical skills with an appreciation of translating experimental insights into product and processes with IP opportunities.
- Good (written and verbal) communication skills - must be able to maintain effective communication channels within multidisciplinary expertise group and programme project teams.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work and take actions using your own initiative, delivering to tight milestones, however, must also have the benefit of the team in mind.
- Bring practical insights and solutions to technical challenges.
- Ability to understand situations or needs and carry out actions which are relevant and appropriate
- Able to learn from experience (use past experience to appropriately inform decision making and actions).