Warehouse Supervisor Nights
To contribute to the smooth and efficient processing of operational activities within the warehouse in order to meet and exceed customer expectations. To assist the Duty Officer in the management of the Air Warehouse and ensure all KPIs and standards are met. Ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
Your main task and responsibilities,
- Delegation of work tasks to warehouse staff as required and subsequent supervision
- Perform core Duty Officer responsibilities in their absence or as and when required
- Maintain good, professional working relationships with other departments and external suppliers
- Reporting any operational queries to relevant Duty Officer / Shift Manager
- Receiving of inbound export and import freight (using GXD system)
- Booking in of freight (using GXD system)
- Processing of outbound export and import freight (using GXD system)
- Loading and unloading of vehicles using forklift truck
- Sort and split freight as per customer SOP's
- Adherence to all regulatory body procedures i.e. CAA, ETSF etc as trained
- Use handheld scanners as part of the warehouse management system
- Frequently complete manual handling tasks
- Maintain safe and tidy work environment including carrying out housekeeping functions in the warehouse and yard.
- Ensure all health and safety and in house procedures are followed
- Complete all ULD builds to Airlines specifications as instructed by LHR Gateway
- Ensure Aircraft safety is maintained at all times by completing builds to a satisfactory standard.
- Responsibility for final QC (quality check) and subsequent sign off of ULD build sheet
- Ensure all related documentation is completed accurately and any issues reported to LHR Gateway
- Determine most appropriate screening method in adherence with CAA guidelines (x-ray, hand search, visual check, ETD)
- Complete all x-ray screening as per CAA guidance
- Complete STP (Standard Test Piece) form and all associated documentation requirements as per CAA
- Complete monthly 6x6 x-ray compliance training
- Complete ETD (Explosive Trace Detection) as per CAA training
- Complete ETD Maintenance and Calibration
- Complete ETD associated administration
- Ensure self-auditing completed as per DB Schenker internal policies and procedures in regards to security screening.
- Ensuring Warehouse access is restricted to authorised personnel only
- (External candidates) Minimum 2 years' experience of working in an airfreight Warehouse environment in a Supervisory role (Essential)
- (Internal candidates) Performed satisfactory 'stand up' shifts in Supervisor role.
- Basic knowledge of Airfreight Industry (Essential)
- Team player
- A passion for excellence and commitment to be the best
- Good time keeping and attendance (Essential)
- Ability to delegate and supervise tasks
- Minimum CS (Cargo Supervisor) AVSEC Training required (Essential)
- ULD build experience (Essential)
- Attendance to the DB Schenker internal ULD build course.
- Counterbalance forklift (Essential)
- Reach forklift (Desirable)
- 5 year checkable history
- Current CRB
If you have all the qualities to be successful in this role please CLICK APPLY or call Ryan on 07823358292